The Review of the Pre-Raphaelite Society, Volumes I–III
Vol.III, No.3, Autumn 1995:
- “The Life of James Collinson (1825–1881)” by Valerie A. Cox.
- “John Brett and Christina Rossetti: An Assessment” by Mike Hickox.
- “Christina and Gabriele Rossetti.” A letter from Henry Campbell.
Vol.III, No.2, Summer 1995:
- “Sir John Tenniel and the Pre-Raphaelites” by Gill Stoker.
- “Called at the Rossetti’s”, ed. by Barry C. Johnson. Part II: September 1903–February 1919. Concluded.
Vol.III, No.1, Spring 1995:
- “John Brett’s The Stonebreaker” by Mike Hickox.
- “The Royal Academy’s Rejection of Brett’s Florence” by Mike Hickox.
- “The Rossetti Ladies: Mrs. Imogen Dennis, 1904–1993” by Helen Guglielmini and Barry C. Johnson; and “Lucy Margaret O’Conor (nee Rossetti), 1906–1994” by Roderic O'Conor. Obituaries.
- “A Visit to Stuttgart’s Staatsgalerie” by Joyce Lambert.
Vol.II, No.3, Autumn 1994:
- “Christina Rossetti: A Personal Choice (of her poetry)” by June E. Taylor.
- “A Pre-Raphaelite Book List” compiled by Patricia A. O’Connor.
- “Windycroft: An Arts and Crafts House”. History by Victoria Williams; Description by Barry C. Johnson. Windycroft is in Hastings.
- “A Vision rather than a Dream” by Paul Hardwick. Part 2. Concludes this paper.
Vol. II, No.2, Summer 1994:
- “Vision rather than a Dream: The Progressive Medievalism of William Morris” by Paul Hardwick. Part 1.
- “A Debt to Discipline” by June E. Taylor. On Ruskin’s youth.
- “Her Obedient Bapapa” by June E. Taylor. On Burne-Jones and his granddaughter, Angela Thirkell.
Vol.II, No.1, Spring 1994. “Special Rossetti Issue”:
- “Pre-Raphaelite Pleasures: The Search for the Real Rossetti” by Alicia Craig Faxon.
- “The Craft of a Painter-Poet: A Critical Survey of Rossetti’s Form and Technique” by Isabelle Williams. On “the correspondence between Rossetti’s painting and poetry.”
- “Called at the Rossettis’: Unpublished passages from the Diary of their friend, Olive Garnett, 1899–1919.” With notes and an introduction by Barry C. Johnson. Part 1: July 1899–June 1903.
Vol.I, No.3, Autumn 1993:
- “William Fulford: A Biographical Sketch” by Roger Simpson. Believed to be the fullest account of this Pre-Raphaelite poet.
- “Ruskin and Art Education: 1836–1992” by Stephen Farthing. This paper deals mainly with the Ruskin School of Drawing at Oxford, of which its author was Master.
- “Diana Holman Hunt: 1913–1993”. An obituary, with a survey of her writings, by Barry C. Johnson.
Vol.I, No.2, Summer 1993:
- “The Pre-Raphaelite Connection with Penkill” by Audrey Hickey. Contains considerable information about William Bell Scott and Alice Boyd.
- “Thomas and Martha Combe: Patrons of the Pre-Raphaelites” by John Whiteley. Mainly biographical.
Vol.I, No.1, Spring 1993:
- “Day Dream” by Julia Ionides. This paper recounts the history of “one of Rossetti’s last major oil paintings”.
- “Pre-Raphaelites and Associates in Canadian Public Collections” by Dennis T. Lanigan. Twelve galleries and museums are listed in this article.