Rules for Entry
1st Prize: £50
The three winning poems will be published in the Pre-Raphaelite Society’s Review, along with two Commended poems.
- Entry is open to all writers of any nationality, aged 18 years and over.
- The competition will be judged by the PRS Vice-President Dr Serena Trowbridge; and by the Society’s Poet‑in‑Residence, Sarah Doyle. All entries will be seen by both judges.
- Poems may be in any style, but must be written in English.
- Poems must in some way reflect an aspect (or aspects) of the lives or works of the Pre‑Raphaelite Brotherhood or their broader circle.
- Every poem should be accompanied by a brief (maximum 100 words) explanation of how the poem relates to the Pre-Raphaelites.
- Poems must be typed/printed on A4 paper; hand-written entries are not permitted.
- The maximum length for each poem is 100 lines.
- The closing date for the competition is 31st December 2018.
- A maximum of three poems per entrant may be submitted.
- Entry is £2 per poem, or £5 for the maximum of three poems
- Poems must be the entrant’s own work.
- Poems may not have been previously published – in print, electronically or online; nor broadcast via any means (including podcasting); nor exhibited in a public place.
- Poems should not be submitted for consideration elsewhere during the competition and during the subsequent period of adjudication.
- Winning poems should not be submitted for publication elsewhere prior to appearing in the Review.
- Poems may not have won a prize in previous competitions.
- Poems may not be withdrawn or altered once submitted into the competition.
How to Enter
- No identifying marks should appear on the poem/s or on accompanying explanation/s.
- On a SEPARATE sheet of paper, please include your name, address, telephone number, email address and the name/s of your poems.
- Cheques should be made payable to ‘The Pre-Raphaelite Society’.
- Please send TWO COPIES of your poem/s and explanation/s, along with the entrance fee, and one copy of your personal details to:
The Competition Secretary, 21 Shaw Lane, Stoke Prior, Worcestershire B60 4DP
- The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence can be entered into.
- Entry into the competition implies an understanding and acceptance of the Rules of Entry.