The aim of the Society is to encourage the study of the works and lives of, and also promote the wider appreciation of, the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood and their successors. Founded in 1988, the Society has published writings relating to the PRB and their successors; held many meetings and lectures; organised visits to places of interest, including important exhibitions of national and international interest.
- Advantages of Membership
- Current Membership Categories & Fees
- Gift Memberships
- Payment Options
- Membership Applications
- Members’ personal data
- Bequests and donations
- Membership and donation enquiries
Advantages of Membership
- Receipt of The Review the Society’s principal publication, published three times a year and dated Spring, Summer and Autumn. The Review contains articles, book reviews, illustrations and “Notes and Queries”, and offers the opportunity for all members who are interested in research and writing to contribute in a very satisfying way to the the Society’s life.
- Receipt of PRS US: The Pre-Raphaelite Society Newsletter of the United States. Published three times a year, this illustrated bulletin of American news and activities includes such features as “Pre-Raphaelites Online”, “Events” and “The American Collections”, in addition to short historical articles.
- Receipt of notices of all meetings and visits; and also, of occasional newsletters.
- Free admission to the Annual General Meeting, which is held in Birmingham on a Saturday morning in late October and which includes a lecture following the business session.
- The opportunity, for modest charges, to attend other lectures and to join coach trips to galleries, museums and places of interest around the country. (Members can, of course, make their own travel arrangements and meet coach parties at particular destinations.)
Current Membership Categories & Fees
|Member Type||Cheque||Standing Order *|
(Student; OAP; etc.)
|Overseas – EU||£28.00 (€32)|
|Overseas – USA/Canada/ROW||£31.00 ($45)|
The annual membership renewal date is 1st January, but for new members joining after 1st October, your membership will continue until the 31st December of the following year.
Gift memberships are available to purchase, just proceed to buy a New Membership where you will be asked to provide the gift recipients details.
We accept payment via credit / debit card or cheque by post.
Credit card payments are processed through Paypal. There’s no need to worry if you don’t have a PayPal account, you can pay using your credit/debit card on the checkout page, look for the link “Don’t have a PayPal account?” and enter your card details to complete payment.
*Standing Order authority option
Please pay to Lloyds Bank plc, Colmore Row Branch for the credit of: The Pre-Raphaelite Society (a/c no: 02037058 sort code: 30-00-03)
Please note that the standing order payment method does not apply to overseas membership.
Become a New Member today!
(including Gift Membership)
To renew your existing Membership –
Alternatively, you may download and print out the PRS New Member Application Form (PDF)
Contact the Membership Secretary, Dr. Carolyn Conroy, for details of where to send your form and remittance: email email@example.com
If you experience any difficulty with the form, please visit the Help with PDF files page.
Members’ personal data
One of the biggest changes to UK data privacy law came into effect on 25 May 2018. The General Data Protection Regulation, also known as GDPR, means that you have more control over how your data is used. It ensures that organisations protect your personal data more effectively. To reflect these changes and new obligations, we’ve produced a privacy notice which now tells you what we do with your personal data, how it’s used and your rights as an individual under the new law. The privacy notice (Data Protection Policy) is available here or contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send you a copy.
Bequests and donations
The Pre‑Raphaelite Society has always been run on members’ subscription receipts and miscellaneous income. Occasionally, members kindly make donations to our funds, and the committee would, of course, like to encourage this practice. It would also be very helpful, in securing the Society’s financial future, if members considered making a bequest in their Wills.
To find out more about remembering the PRS in your Will, or if you would like to make any form of donation to our funds, please use the contact form below.
Membership and donation enquiries:
Email email@example.com or fill out the contact form below.
For existing members, if your address or other personal details change, please email firstname.lastname@example.org